Holds can be placed by logging into the SC Lends catalog with your username and password, over the phone, or by visiting your local branch or member library. Our staff are always happy to help you place a hold on an item if we don't have it available for you right away.
You can have a maximum of 10 outstanding holds.
Placing holds in Evergreen is very simple and offers a number of features and options. You'll find links to Place Hold beside each item in any search results list:
or within each bibliographic record:
- When placing holds, you can change your contact information for just that hold.
- You can also suspend and activate holds when you are unavailable, such as when you go on vacation.
- You can place holds on alternate formats with a single request.
Placing a Hold
Click on Place Hold from within your search results list or an item record. If you are not already logged into your account, you will be asked to log in with your username or library barcode and your password.
- You can create your own username within My Account .
- You can always use either your username or your library barcode.
- Your password must be at least seven characters long and contain at least one letter and at least one number.
After logging in, you'll be asked to Create/Edit your hold
- You will see information about the item you are requesting and your contact information.
- You can edit your phone number, but the change will only hold true for this request. You must ask library staff to update your phone number if you wish to change it permanently.
- Evergreen will automatically notify you by email unless you disable email notification. You can add or change your email address through My Account.
- Evergreen defaults to your home library for a Pickup location, but you can select a different location from the dropdown box.
Suspend this hold saves your place in line while Advanced Hold Options allows you to choose different formats you would accept to fill your hold.
- Your hold is automatically activated unless you check Suspend this hold.
- When you suspend your hold, you can set a date to reactivate it or leave it suspended indefinitely.
- You will not be notified that your hold is available until your hold is activated.
- Click+Shift+Click will mark multiple adjacent Acceptable Alternative Formats.
- Shift+Arrow Key will also select multiple Acceptable Alternative Formats.
- Ctrl+Click will mark multiple non-adjacent Acceptable Alternative Formats.
- Your hold will be filled with whichever format can be delivered first.
- Confirm your hold by clicking Place Hold. An alert will display to let you know if the hold was successfully placed or not. Your hold has not been placed until you complete this step.